Saturday, April 3, 2010

Days 4 y 5 Valencia continued

The two days we spent in Valencia were considered "Megan's Days". This meant I got to decide where we went, what we saw and what we ate of course. I was the official tour guide, giving Mikey a few days off from his duty.


We took the train down the coast, the Mediterranean Sea on our right and mountainous country side on our left. When we arrived, we headed towards the Universitat de Valencia where I took classes. For lunch, I introduced mom and dad to the Doner Kebab. For those of you who are wondering what this is, I'd say it is a Turkish version of a gyro wrapped in a tortilla with spicy sauce. I'm not sure if my description does it justice because it is fabulous. The rest of the day was filled with walking around the city and sightseeing. 


The second day in Valencia we headed to la playa (beach). Mom and dad touched the Mediterranean Sea for the first time and we searched for sea glass for mom. Michael and dad obviously turned this into a competition of who could find the best piece of glass. Mom said we were all winners, typical :) For dinner before we left, we experienced the famous paella. Although I have tried to recreate this rice dish at home several times, nothing compares to Paella de Valencia. Mom and dad had seafood, Mikey had meat and potatoes and I tried the snails and rabbit. To answer auntie Peggie's question about the easter bunny in Spain...there is no such thing, maybe because they eat rabbit!


xx, Meg
los edificios






el catedral y la plaza de la virgen 







la playa







las casas de la playa











los colores



1 comment:

Peg said...

No wonder there isn't going to be a Easter Bunny. YOU ATE HIM. Glad to see mom in a picture good job. Now how about the whole group. Happy Easter everybody. Love You