Sunday, April 18, 2010

Girona & Figueres

Now that my Spanish getaway has officially come to an end, I sit here in my apartment reminiscing about all of the fabulous thing I saw and did while I was away. My second to last day in Spain, Mikey and I took a day trip to the cities of Girona and Figueres. These small cities located in the mountains North of Barcelona were very different but offered many things to see.

Girona was our first stop. After a guided tour of this quaint town, we enjoyed a lunch of paella and sangria while soaking up the sun. The city was a perfect mix of new and old. The Arab Baths built in 1194 were one of my favorite sites in the town.














After a spending the morning in Girona, we then headed to Figueres. The town itself is small and offers little historically, except for one of the most famous museums in Spain. Teatre Museu Dalí, the museum featuring many of Salvador Dalís most famous works. Dalí himself design the building in Figueres where he was born and return in his later years and lived until he died. He is laid to rest in a tomb in the museum. 












2 comments:

Peg said...

Megan I thought you left me. I check your blog daily. Please keep this up I so enjoy it. Now give me a tour of Cali..Love you precious one. Auntie Peggy

megan jodi said...

Peg- Now that I'm back I will try my hardest to keep up the blogging :) Afterall, I don't want to let my fan club of 1 (you) down! Love you! xox